The Markus Hans Group is a corporate group comprising four companies, each of which operates independently on the market. In the broadest sense, all our activities are concerned with the presentation, production and transport of culinary pleasures. We are a wholesaler with warehouse, supplying a carefully selected product portfolio to the restaurant & catering industry, hotels and specialist retailers in the homeware and restaurant & catering segments in Switzerland.

Detailed information is available directly from our companies.

Historie

About us

 

2007
The company Béard SA Montreux is taken over by Markus Hans and operated by Berndorf Luzern AG as its West Switzerland department.

2006
The Berndorf Luzern AG and Markus Hans AG specialist retail departments are amalgamated and the company KREAVITA home design AG is founded.

The company Hupfer Schweiz AG, owned by Dättwil AG, becomes part of the corporate group.

2005
Acquisition of the company Berndorf Luzern AG.

1996
Markus Hans takes over his father’s wholesale business. Since the name Albert Hans is associated with other business segments, the company’s name is changed to Markus Hans AG.

-

1993
Relocation of BOSSHARDT&CO headquarters to Zürich and integration of the company’s business activities into Albert Hans AG.

1989
Relocation of Victor Meyer headquarters to the Hardturmstrasse site in Zürich.

1987
Acquisition of Victor Meyer Hotelbedarf AG, Trimbach/Switzerland.

1982
Markus Hans becomes managing director of Albert Hans AG.

1978
Markus Hans, son of Werner Hans and great-grandson of founder Josef Hans, joins the company.

1976
The HANSON and VERRAL divisions, previously independent, are integrated into Albert Hans AG. Development of the Far East range for all divisions.

1974
Amalgamation of the individual companies to form one single stock company, Albert Hans AG.

1972
Acquisition of the company BOSSHARDT&CO AG in Lucerne/Switzerland. The company continues to have an independent market presence.

1970
Closure of the ceramics manufacturing company and transfer of the workforce to the administration of HANSON, which now specializes in overseas imports.

1962
Werner Hans becomes managing director of Albert Hans.

1958
Acquisition of the company VERRAL SA as an independent division.


 

1952
Werner Hans, the only son of Albert Hans, joins the company.

1947
Founding of a real estate company as an independent division.

1945
Founding of a ceramics manufacturing company under the HANSON brand as an independent division.

1945
Founding of a ceramics manufacturing company under the HANSON brand as an independent division.

1943
Founding of an integrated silver and metal goods department.

1925
Albert Hans, Josef Hans’ oldest son, turns the business into a glass and china wholesale company. Its name is changed to Albert Hans and the headquarters are re-located to Hardturmstrasse.

1913
Josef Hans founds a household goods retail business in Zürich-Wipkingen/Switzerland.